Thursday 26 July 2012

Stowaway Liam Corcoran Panicked After Swimming Accident, Says Father

Stowaway Liam Corcoran Panicked After Swimming Accident, Says Father, stowaway kitten, 'Rome alone', Airport: 'We have to get to the bottom' of boy's trip"---Stowaway Liam Corcoran: boarding a plane was easier than doing my homework: Liam Corcoran, the boy who became a stowaway on a plane to Rome, has said no officials asked to see his travel documents as he boarded a budget airline flight.

The 11-year-old boy sparked a security alert after managing to fly from Manchester to Rome on his own without a passport, ticket or boarding pass.

The schoolboy passed through security without being checked, before boarding the Jet2.com flight yesterday.


Liam had travelled less than three miles from a nearby shopping centre, before evading five security checks to successfully board flight LS791 to the Italian capital.

The captain was only alerted to the extra passenger when holidaymakers raised concerns during the flight.

Speaking yesterday, Liam said: “Getting on the plane was easier than doing my homework. I didn’t have anything on me and no one asked me for anything. They smiled at me when I went through.”

He said he had just been looking for a lavatory and kept searching until he ended up on the plane.

The 11 year-old told The Sun: “I went to the toilet and sat there but I couldn’t get out. Then 'whoosh’, we were going up in the sky.”

His mother Mary said she thought her son had been abducted when he slipped away from her in a shop near the airport.

Police phoned her more than four hours after he disappeared to tell her “we have found your son, he’s in Rome”, she said.

“I can’t get my head around it,” she added. “How did he get that far without anyone asking him one question? I just keep thinking how easy it would be for a terrorist, it’s unbelievable.

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/9427509/Stowaway-Liam-Corcoran-boarding-a-plane-was-easier-than-doing-my-homework.html